MALAYSIA VISA FORMALITIES
Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid national passport or internationally recognised travel document valid for travel to Malaysia.
Any person not in possession of a passport or travel document that is recognised by the Malaysian Government must obtain a document in lieu of passport. Application for the document in lieu of passport can be made at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad. Holders of travel documents like a Certificate of Identity, Laisser Passer, Titre de Voyage or a Country’s Certificate of Permanent Residence must ensure that their return to the country that issued the document or the country of residence is guaranteed. The documents should be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry into Malaysia.
Foreign nationals who require a visa to enter Malaysia must apply and obtain a visa in advance at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad before entering the country.
Countries That Require VISA
Commonwealth Countries That Require VISA
Countries That Require VISA for a Stay Exceeding 3 Months
Countries That Require A VISA for a Stay Exceeding 1 Month
Countries That Require A Visa For a Stay Exceeding 14 Days
- No visa is required for U.S.A. citizens visiting Malaysia for social, business or academic purposes (except for employment).
- No visa is required for a stay of less than one month for nationals of all ASEAN countries except Myanmar. For a stay exceeding one month, a visa will be required, except for nationals Brunei and Singapore.
- For nationals of Israel, visas are required and permission must be granted from Ministry of Internal Security.
- For nationals of Yugoslavia (Serbia, Montenegro), visas are required and permission must be granted from Ministry Of Home Affairs.
- Nationals of countries other than those stated above (with the exception of Israel) are allowed to enter Malaysia without a visa for a visit not exceeding one month.
For update and more information on Malaysian VISA requirements please visit: http://www.imi.gov.my